Take inspiration from the graphic designer cover letter example here to write your own cover letter. You can view this sample cover letter for graphic design, or download the graphic designer cover letter template in Word.
To stand out in the competitive landscape for graphic designer jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for designs.
An outstanding resume paired with a persuasive cover letter is one of the most effective ways to gain the attention of hiring managers. You will demonstrate your enthusiasm for the position in a cover letter, as well as what skills and abilities you bring to the table.
GRAPHIC COVER LETTER SAMPLE
We all understand that getting a sample in order to understand and grasp any concept or idea is essential. Hence, this work sample helps you to master any portion of the work, whether it is a resume, letter, or CV. After getting the basic concept from this sample you are all set to upload or share this letter with the company for your portfolio. Using this Graphic Designer cover letter example, you can target your cover letter to emphasize important aspects of your skills and qualifications.
[312 Company Address]
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr. /Mrs. /Ms. (Manager’s Name),
This letter is in response to your advertisement for a graphic designer position on [Website’s Name].
As a part of the design team at [Company Name], I think I can make valuable contributions from day one. As an artist and designer, I am a versatile artisan who utilizes creative art and design principles to satisfy your business needs. Moreover, my mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS will make me a valuable partner in the push for your design initiatives.
Below are my most important skills and accomplishments:
Help clients save an average of 12% on their costs by implementing a graphic, layout, and production communication plan with a team of five designers.
Responsible for managing production budgets ranging from $2,000 – $25,000
Improved the profitability of client entities by an average of 45% through the development of numerous marketing programs, including logos, brochures, newsletters, infographics, presentations, and advertisements
Work under pressure to meet tight weekly deadlines while managing up to 5 to 6 projects or tasks at a given time.
This resume is enclosed so you can review it. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my skills and strengths with you personally. Thank you very much for your precious time.
April 3, 2021
Hello, Dear Hiring Manager,
Cloud Clearwater has recently added several new product lines to its product line, and I believe my skills offer a significant advantage in an efficient launch. As a longtime fan of your brand, I would be happy if I could bring my unique style and my passion for beachwear to your company.
My previous role at Retail Ocean allowed me to deliver high-quality packaging and marketing collateral for a new technology product, which provided valuable insight into the product lifecycle. Sales were up 20%, and we earned an American Packaging Design Award.
Digital marketing strategies are becoming increasingly important for video and animation, and it has become part of my brand’s portfolio to include these services. My YouTube series has helped me stay relevant and on top of the latest marketing trends and find creative ways to develop eye-catching visuals. This series has helped me showcase my design skills and my passion for continuing my own education.
Please accept my thanks for your time and attention. I’m eager to learn more details about the Graphic Designer position provided by Cloud Clearwater. I’d like to have the chance to discuss with you how I can improve your current marketing materials and increase sales.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER COVER LETTER
- Remember to write a cover letter in a succinct manner. A cover letter generally shouldn’t be longer than one page. Be consistent as well.
- Consider writing a letter on behalf of someone you have impressed before. If you find it hard to write about yourself, try writing from his or her perspective.
- It should go without saying that running a spell check on your cover letter is absolutely essential. Have someone read your letter to you aloud so you hear how it sounds.
- 4.Don’t make it ordinary. As a graphic designer with creativity, your cover letter should stand out among the rest. Make sure your cover letter is original and captures the attention of the reader.
- Include specific examples of your accomplishments.
- You should refer to past accomplishments in one or two paragraphs. Focus on the experience, qualifications, and skills most relevant to the job. When possible, quantify your accomplishments with facts, figures, and references. Do not repeat your resume bullet points
- It’s good to include your skill sets in your cover letter so that you can make a great impression on your reader. We all know that skills mean more professionalism and it will help you throughout your life. There are some basic graphic design skills you can add to your resume to make your resume more appealing to potential employers.
- Corel Draw
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Microsoft Visio
- Corel Draw
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software (Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Bentley MicroStation)
- Presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple iWork Keynote)
- Adobe Systems (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Creative Cloud)
8.End with a persuasive closing statement If you would like to give a strong closing statement, discuss your passion for graphic design and how you can add value to the company. Don’t tell the company what you might gain from employment; just discuss what you can contribute to the company.
The following guidelines that I have included are geared towards helping you create a perfect cover letter for your resume. Thus, I do believe you can follow the guidelines yourself and write a perfect resume for yourself as a graphic designer.
Getting your skills polished and exploring graphic design more deeply will help you to explore the art of graphic design more and will also have a positive effect on your resume. I hope this article proves useful in doing that.